Archive for February 1st, 2009

Tested Console Program to Read Revs on TS7390

Reading RPM Successfully!

Reading RPM Successfully!

In MG with Automon

In MG with Automon

It worked!

First of all I had to cross compile QExtSerialPort for ARM Linux. To do this I downloaded the tarball, unzipped it to my home directory. I set my PATH variable to point to qmake in QTEmbedded-4.4.3-arm. Then I ran qmake and make and it successfully compiled for ARM. In the build folder there is a libqextserialport.so.1.0.0 and libqextserialport.so.1 and few more. I copied all up to /usr/local/lib on my Device.

Next I ftp’d my project from windows to vmware, the one I discussed previously. I had to modify the .pro project to the new location of qextserialport libraries (in my home directory) and I had to add an extra line: libs += /home/donal/qextserialport/build -lqextserialport. I also had to modify the main.c file to point to /dev/ttyAM1 which is COM1 on the board. Then I navigated to my test folder and done a qmake followed by make and resulted in a automon binary. Doing file automon , I confirmed that it was an ARM binary. I ftp’d this up to my device.

I set the whole lot up in my car as you can see in the pictures above. Connecting the ELM327 to COM1. I ran the automon program off the device redirecting the output to the screen by doing

$ cd /home/eclipse
$ ./automon > /dev/tty0

And out comes the revs in the car perfect. It only does a snapshot every 1/2 second but it is enough for me now. Now I have done all my proof of concepts. Just to build the project now in QT!