Tested Console Program to Read Revs on TS7390

Reading RPM Successfully!

Reading RPM Successfully!

In MG with Automon

In MG with Automon

It worked!

First of all I had to cross compile QExtSerialPort for ARM Linux. To do this I downloaded the tarball, unzipped it to my home directory. I set my PATH variable to point to qmake in QTEmbedded-4.4.3-arm. Then I ran qmake and make and it successfully compiled for ARM. In the build folder there is a libqextserialport.so.1.0.0 and libqextserialport.so.1 and few more. I copied all up to /usr/local/lib on my Device.

Next I ftp’d my project from windows to vmware, the one I discussed previously. I had to modify the .pro project to the new location of qextserialport libraries (in my home directory) and I had to add an extra line: libs += /home/donal/qextserialport/build -lqextserialport. I also had to modify the main.c file to point to /dev/ttyAM1 which is COM1 on the board. Then I navigated to my test folder and done a qmake followed by make and resulted in a automon binary. Doing file automon , I confirmed that it was an ARM binary. I ftp’d this up to my device.

I set the whole lot up in my car as you can see in the pictures above. Connecting the ELM327 to COM1. I ran the automon program off the device redirecting the output to the screen by doing

$ cd /home/eclipse
$ ./automon > /dev/tty0

And out comes the revs in the car perfect. It only does a snapshot every 1/2 second but it is enough for me now. Now I have done all my proof of concepts. Just to build the project now in QT!

3 Comments to Tested Console Program to Read Revs on TS7390

  • 845 RPM out of a Rover without it going up in smoke!!
    That must be a record.

  • admin says:

    Tut tut, they very revvy engines

  • admin says:

    Come to think of it now, that is recording too low revs for being idle. I’m guessing its my dodgy ELM327 thats reading incorrect. A geninue one is being shipped anyhow

  • Leave a Reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.